Mission Statement: Meeting life challenges through opportunity, education, training and work.
Goodwill Industries of North Central PA is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Goodwill knows that embracing diversity in the workplace makes for better creativity, acceptance, tolerance, and innovation. Goodwill’s ultimate goal is to offer the same opportunities to associates and members of the community through education, training and work. We embrace and encourage our associates’ differences in gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our associates unique.
Goodwill of NCPA diversity initiatives are applicable, but not limited, to: our practices and policies on recruitment and selection: compensation and benefits: professional development and training: promotions: transfers: layoffs: terminations: and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
– Respectful communication and cooperation between all associates
– Teamwork and associate participation, permitting the representation of all groups and
– Employer and associate contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater
understanding and respect for diversity
How Goodwill of North Central PA incorporates DEI in the workplace culture:
Diversity by making sure our work environment is inclusive and a welcoming place for people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and beliefs
Equity by striving to offer the same opportunities to all associates through education, training and work while cultivating a work culture where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
Inclusion by fostering an environment of mutual respect and understanding where every associate feels heard, respected and included.
Goodwill Industries of North Central PA covers 13 counties across the north central landscape of Pennsylvania. The counties include Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Potter, Tioga, Venango and Warren. The following data across these counties is estimated and pulled from both DATA USA (2018-2020) and the 2021 U.S. Census Bureau. Data USA
– Median household income is estimated at $50,100
– Poverty rate is estimated at 14.50%
– Disability rate is estimated at 13%
Estimated Ethnic Percentages:
– Caucasian: 92%
– Hispanic: 4%
– African American: 2%
– Asian: 1%
– Other: 1%
Plan of Action:
In order to cultivate a workforce that is willing and open to promoting and discussing culturally
diverse perspectives within Goodwill Industries, the following plan has been created:
– Demonstrate policy that ensures zero tolerance towards negative actions and behaviors directed towards unique groups throughout the workplace
– Provide an accessible workplace for those with special needs/requests and provide reasonable accommodations
– Ensure there is not wage gap/disparity based on ability, race, gender, sexual orientation
– Increase inclusivity training opportunities to more associates especially within the Mission department, executive staff and those in hiring and interviewing roles; bring in
speakers on DEI subject to various locations
– Cultural diversity is covered with all new team members as part of New Hire Orientation
– Have meetings, surveys/questionnaires regarding DEI and how to go about it; have discussions about hiring and promoting policies